Below you will find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
- Q. What should I bring to my first appointment?
Please print out and complete the New Patient Medical Questionnaire by clicking on the link below. Please fax the completed copy to our office prior to your appointment and bring them with you to your first appointment. Having this form completed in advance will expedite your visit to our office.
Our fax number is (404) 252-2736.In addition to the New Patient Medical Questionnaire, please bring the following items to your first appointment:
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- Physician referral form
- Any recent lab work results or tests
(including any chest x-rays or EKG’s that have been performed in the last year)
Medication list, or actual medication bottles
- Co-pay (if applicable)
- Q. What’s the purpose of my first consultation and what should I expect?
We will thoroughly explain and discuss your diagnosis, including a review of your pathology report and/or x-rays, your treatment options and answer any of your questions and concerns. At this consultation, we will also arrange for any additional tests if necessary and a follow-up appointment to discuss these additional test and treatment options. Additional diagnostic tests and services during your follow-up exam may include:
- Blood work
- Chest x-ray
- CAT scans, MRIs, or PET scans
- Consultations with other physicians
During your first consultation, our goal is to understand your individual needs as a new patient so we can provide the best possible care. To do that, we will:
- Obtain a detailed medical history
- Perform a routine physical exam
- Review other relevant medical information (prior labs and test results). During your consultation, we may also refer you to other specialists, depending on your specific health needs. Our goal is to provide you efficient, individualized treatment, so that you can return to your normal activities as soon as possible.
- Q. If I require surgery, will it be performed on my first visit?
NO. All surgeries are performed in the operating room, and are scheduled subsequent to your initial consultation. Exceptions would include a simple excision of a small skin lesion, such as a concerning mole or small, non-melanoma skin cancer, and this may or may not be performed during the initial visit.
- Q. Do you see patients at other locations besides Northside Hospital Atlanta?
We only see patients at our 980 Johnson Ferry location adjacent to Northside Hospital Atlanta.
- Q. Do you operate on patients at other hospitals besides Northside Hospital Atlanta?
We only provide surgical services at Northside Hospital Atlanta. In the future, we may expand services to include Northside Hospital Cherokee and Northside Hospital Forsyth.
- Q. Will I be seen by a mid-level practitioner (physician assistant or nurse practitioner)?
Our practice does utilize mid-level providers to make your care more efficient; however, all patients are seen and thoroughly evaluated by one of our physicians during your initial office visit.